Picking the right type of franchise to own can be a challenge. You want to sell something you are passionate about, but it also has to have a strong market and not be too expensive.
Bagel franchises are a great choice because breakfast foods are popular any time of day. Here are 7 reasons to buy a bagel franchise:
1. A Morning Mainstay
If you want to sell something that will attract a lot of customers then you definitely want to choose a bagel franchise. Bagels are a morning mainstay and a lot of people even love to eat them throughout the day. Breakfast for dinner anyone? And if you pick a bagel franchise with a robust menu of other breakfast foods and lunch items, you will have a steady crowd throughout the day.
2. An Affordable Business Venture
Also keep in mind that a bagel franchise is generally going to be more of an affordable business venture than other franchises because you need less square feet and less equipment. Also initial investments for bagel franchises are generally more affordable, ranging in the thousands instead of millions. And the initial franchisee fees tend to be more reasonable.
3. It is Easier to Expand as a Franchisee
Because of its affordability, it will be a lot easier for you to buy and open multi-units which will even further secure your place in bagel industry. A lot of franchisors also prefer you to open multi-units and will offer you special incentives to help you do so.
4. Still Room for Creativity
Although there is a definition structure and process to each bagel franchise, there are still opportunities for you to put your own personal stamp on your location. When you are researching and shopping around, make sure to ask what the rules and regulations are for each individual franchise. If some individual freedom is important to you, don’t sign on until you have the reassurances that you will have some creative control.
For example, many bagel shops also offer fun and delicious sandwich options to keep customers coming back for lunch and dinner, even a midday snack, so there are plenty of ways to think outside the box.
5. A Strong Support Structure
One of the biggest incentives of choosing to invest in a bagel franchise is that you will have a support structure to help you get started. The franchisor offers you training for you and your staff and will help you find your location and prepare for your grand opening. If you are new to being a business owner, this is especially attractive.
6. Lots of Brand Power
There are a lot of popular bagel franchises like Shmagel’s Bagels who have strong brands that people immediately recognize. By choosing to go into the bagel franchise, you will benefit from sharing in the brand recognition.
7. Prime Location Spots
Another great thing about choosing a bagel franchise is that these types of shops can work in pretty much any type of location, whether in the middle of a downtown area or beachside. You will have the flexibility to be able to pick any prime location spot for your shop. And because they don’t take up a lot of space, you will also have more options for the design of your shop.
As you investigate different bagel franchises, you should ask yourself the following questions:
- Are there certain values that are important for potential franchisor to have?
- Is there a viable market for this?
- How much are initial start-up costs? Is this doable for me?
- How long does it take to see a profit? Do I have enough money to keep everything afloat till then?
- Does the franchisor offer adequate training and ongoing support? What do they offer for advertising and marketing?
- Where will my franchise unit be located? Will I get rights to certain territory?
- Are there any bankruptcies or legal problems in the franchisor’s present or past?
- Are the franchisor’s trademarks federally registered?
- Does the franchisor compete with its franchisees in the same market?
- What are your financing options?
- If they offer training, where will it take place and for how long? Will it cost additional money?
Consider Shmagel’s Bagels
At Shmagel’s Bagels, their specialty is fresh bagel creations baked daily. Right now they have two locations in Ocean City, MD and are looking to expand. They have plenty of franchising opportunities and will work closely with you to make sure your locations are a success.
Here is what you can expect when you join the Shmagel’s Bagels family:
- An established, highly popular brand that will draw in the customers
- A proven business model that includes recipes for all their special Shmagel creations, including Bagelninis which are bagels flipped inside-out and pressed
- The ability to own multiple locations
- A low cost of entry that makes Shmagel’s Bagels one of the more affordable franchising opportunities out there
- A variety of fun and delicious bagel flavors including Apple Cinnamon, Asiago, Blueberry Chocolate Chip, Cinnamon Raisin, Egg, Everything, French Toast, Garlic, Jalapeño, Marble Onion, Poppy, Plain, Pumpernickel Rainbow, Rye, Sesame, Spinach Sun-Dried Tomato, Very Berry Wheat Bran w/ Outs and Whole Wheat
- Catering opportunities for parties, corporate functions, festivals and other types of events
At Shmagel’s Bagels, the bagels are baked fresh every morning. They also offer a variety of cream cheeses and other popular bagel toppings, shmuffins as well as some fun sandwich options like a Turkey Jack Melt bagelnini or a Bagel Grill Cheese. The menu offers enough variety to please all your customers, but is still manageable for you and your staff.
For more information about bagel franchises opportunities, and about the unique Shmagel’s brand, call them today. You can also visit their website for more information. They can send you all the information you will need in order to make the best decision for your particular situation.
Don’t push off your dream of being a bagel shop owner anymore. Get started on the road to buy a bagel franchise today. Call Shmagel’s Bagels today.
0713526911 Can you suply me with your franchise profile and disclosure document before contacting me , this is for a friend of mine that works